The Mustard Yellow Kurti & an unseen happily ever after

 Hope this finds you in the best of spirits, 

I just wanted to share an untold story with y’all which wasn’t much big of a deal to me until now. 

Like almost every other kid, I’ve always seen my parents carrying an eternal love in their hearts for each other and obviously, a layman wouldn’t be able to see it because they were never a big fan of PDA [public display of affection]  but everything they did always portrayed such a deep affection for each other that I don’t think I’ll ever be capable enough to capture that emotion I have witnessed, over time, through my words.

This evergreen love is still treasured in all of the hundred letters (or more) that they wrote to each other which by the way, my mom still cherishes on some special days just so these stories can be passed down to the later part of the family someday. 




This Mustard Kurti that you see me wearing right now, is more than a decade-old birthday gift from my father to my mom. It’s my mom’s birthday on the 23rd of December (that is tomorrow) and even if he’s not here to give her all the happiness that she deserves, we’ll make of it on his behalf.

It would have been their 20th marriage anniversary earlier in March this year but fate had something else in the plan. He’s not here to see me wearing this today but I can’t even put into words the kind of warmth I feel while wearing it. 

I don’t want this to be some sad old sob story but just the same old me trying to express an emotion that I don’t know the name of. 

Cheers to undying love, lots of laughter, and an unseen happily ever after 


Yours Truly.

Comments

  1. You are a very loveable person like your dad hiya! Really happy to see you blooming like a 🌻 in that lovely mustard kurti mixed with the natural flow of words that you are blessed with... Keep jotting down your thoughts dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big hug and lots of love ❤️
    Muah🥰

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoo this is an amazing blog holy heck the way you have described your sentances are pretty perceiving aswell. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the way you portrayed what you wanted to express is so beautiful, i really do appreciate this, keep on writting!🥺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just like you said... eternal love and affection for each other where words fail to describe the emotion. Loved it. Keep writing and Imma keep my heads up for the further writings from you. You’re amazing.💯

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exceptional write up dear.. Always proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful tribute to her parents by a young lady shows her maturity beyond her years. Immortality of love and the perishable body is a paradox that we all have to confront. Yet, we must keep flowing, with love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts