Aimless or hopeful?

L
et’s start off with what ‘aim’ means; it is the desire to achieve something. Some of us don’t have a detailed roadmap for our future, whereas a lot of us find their passion early in life.

 For some, it takes a while, but we get there sooner or later. I know that we are in a system where we are expected to know our calling very early but it is easier said than done. 

It’s not necessary for everyone to be aware as to whose footsteps they’d be following. We all have dreams of our own, yes, but not everyone knows their way to reality. I have come across a lot of people who have everything except satisfaction in their lives. People with skills to be the next Shakespeare or Da Vinci are stuck doing 9to 5 jobs. There are people who are average in their field whereas they have the potential to be brilliant in some other. Simply because they couldn’t find their calling under someone else’s terms. We have probably missed a thousand opportunities on finding our Indian Barack Obama just because they are busy being mediocre somewhere. This is something I have personally seen though a lot of you might not agree which is fine as long as you are satisfied with yourself.

As for me, I have known my purpose for a long time now, it is to live up to my name “Samadrita”, meaning a person who has a heart full of compassion, also means a person who makes herself worthy of respect. The name itself was a dream that my parents saw for me. I don’t know if I’ve been able to live upto it but my efforts will always be in the direction to make that dream of theirs come to life. I want to be a part of a change. Maybe travel the world someday, and interact with people from all walks of life. I have always seen people around me selflessly helping others and that has influenced the person that I am today. As a kid, I used to love teaching, in the process, helped someone to become literate and that has been one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life. To my surprise life happened, the perspective changed, dreams evolved and I am where I was supposed to be. Now selecting a career is not just a matter of passion but of a secured future and about being practical. 

There’s nothing wrong with being concerned with your own happiness at times otherwise you’d be one of the many miserable souls out there. As individuals, if you know your utmost goal is to be a good person, you’re not aimless:)

Comments

Popular Posts